Earlier this week we held our Fifth Annual Investor Day 2011 where investors and analysts heard presentations from Safeguard executives and Â highlighted partner companies on growth opportunities and value creation strategies.
Kevin Kemmerer provided attendees with a brief analysis and overview on the technology sector. Kemmerer pointed out the next big trends for the technology sectorâ€”movement to the cloud, mobile proliferation, and the social enterprise. This was followed by presentations from partner companies:
- David Langsam, President and CEO of AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions (AHS). David focused on the problems physician practices face with the threat of reduced reimbursement and regulation complexities, and how AHS creates solutions for clients through built-in compliance, business intelligence and reporting, Client Firstâ„˘ Service, and helping clients receive more money, faster.
- Vinny Olmstead, CEO of Bridgevine. Vinny discussed the problem with digitalized advertising and the clutter of unaligned costs and ambiguities in the customer acquisition process, allowing for Bridgevineâ€™s next generation digital customer acquisition platform to deliver additional, quality customers based on performance, not costs.
- Dan Rosenberg, SVP of MediaMath. Dan shared that one in five impressions on the Internet are on Facebook, and detailed how they help clients get those impressionsâ€”winning 19 out of 20 times they are asked to compete against at least one of their competitors.
Jim Datin shared insights about Safeguard’s life sciences team and the life sciences sectors of interest to Safeguard, from diagnostics to specialty pharmaceuticals. Jim said that Safeguardâ€™s pipeline is the strongest it has ever been, indicative of his belief that itâ€™s a great time to put capital to work in the life sciences industry. This was followed by presentations from partner companies:
- Jane Hollingsworth, CEO of NuPathe (Nasdaq: PATH). Jane shared that ninety percent of patients suffering from migraines also experience nausea, showing the large opportunity for a migraine patch like Zelrix in the marketplace, which does not have any influence on the gastrointestinal track.
- Jean Hoffman, Founder and CEO of Putney. Jean discussed how 96 percent of drugs approved for cats and dogs in the U.S. are not generic, providing an opportunity for Putneyâ€™s generic pet medications.
- Ronald Blum, O.D., Chairman, President, and CEO of PixelOptics. Ron showcased the worldâ€™s first electronically focused glasses, emPower!, representing what he believes to be the most significant change in eyeglasses since Benjamin Franklin invented the bifocal in 1784.
Thanks to those who were able to attend this yearâ€™s event in New York City or participate via webcast.
If you werenâ€™t able to make it, a webcast, transcript and completely video-on-demand of the event is now available. You can also find each of the presentations on the Safeguard Scientifics Investor Day 2011 microsite, in addition to a complete video/audio recording n audio recording of the event.
Over the next few weeks, weâ€™ll continue to feature more content from Investor Day with highlights of the event and snapshots of presenting partner companies. This will provide you with a detailed look at the impact Safeguardâ€™s partner companies have in their respective industries, and why Safeguard is the preferred catalyst to build these great companies. You can follow this series at www.safeguard.com/video.